Crohn's disease cannot be cured completely through western medications. But through proper Ayurveda treatment and diets, the disease can be cured. Here's a brief but detailed study of Crohn's disease.
What is the Ayurvedic perspective of Crohn's disease?
The ayurveda point of view considers a comparison of the Crohn's disease with the Grahani disease. Grahani is an anatomical term used in Ayurveda to describe small intestines. The current lifestyle consists of improper diet, lack of exercise etc. due to which there is a continuous development of metabolic residues. When it comes to Crohn's disease, toxins or Ama(the ayurveda term for toxins) are seen to collects in the gastrointestinal tract. Stress, as well as the food you consume especially heavy food, acts as a trigger for the condition.
What are the symptoms of Crohn’s disease?
- Weight loss
- Pain in the abdomen positioned just above the pubic bone
- Fibrosis can be caused by the inflammation which starts near the Peyer's patches and then spreading through the walls of the intestine.
- Narrowing of the intestines
- Fistula and anal lesions
What are the treatments offered by Ayurveda?
The Ayurveda approach is all about re-balancing your body through proper diet and lifestyle.
- The food that we consume has an effect on our body which is classified by Gunas in Ayurveda. Guna are the effects that the food has on our body (cold or hot). The food that has gunas that can balance the defects in your body due to Crohn’s disease are food with more liquid content and those with cold and bitter ingredients.
- Exercises and Herbal mixtures are prescribed for Crohn's disease according to your body type. They will help in controlling the inflammation and detoxifying the body.
- Cecum massage is another way to treat Crohn's disease.
- A diet that excludes hot, spicy food which causes irritation in the digestive tract.
- Cleansing Kitchari to help start a healthy routine
- Panchakarma therapy
Are you suffering from Crohn's disease? Then do visit Vaidhya Healthcare Hospital for the best treatment for chrohn’s disease in Kerala. They provide authentic Ayurveda treatments and the best grahani chikitsa in Ernakulam.
Visit Us @ vaidyahealthcare.com